Preserving the past

| April 29, 2011 | 0 Comments
KILAUEA MILITARY CAMP, Hawaii — The Eisenhower House, here, has been selected to receive a preservation award at the Historic Hawaii Foundation's 2011 Annual Preservation Honor Awards, April 19. These awards are Hawaii's highest recognition of preservation, rehabilitation, restoration or interpretation of the state's architectural, archaeological and cultural heritage. Built in 1934 as the general's quarters, this plantation/ranch style guest house welcomed Gen. Dwight Eisenhower, the supreme commander of the allied forces in Europe during World War II, as its guest in May of 1946. For more information on the Eisenhower House and KMC, visit www.kmc-volcano.com or call (808) 967-8333. (Courtesy of Kilauea Military Camp)

KILAUEA MILITARY CAMP, Hawaii — The Eisenhower House, here, has been selected to receive a preservation award at the Historic Hawaii Foundation's 2011 Annual Preservation Honor Awards, April 19. These awards are Hawaii's highest recognition of preservation, rehabilitation, restoration or interpretation of the state's architectural, archaeological and cultural heritage. Built in 1934 as the general's quarters, this plantation/ranch style guest house welcomed Gen. Dwight Eisenhower, the supreme commander of the allied forces in Europe during World War II, as its guest in May of 1946. For more information on the Eisenhower House and KMC, visit www.kmc-volcano.com or call (808) 967-8333. (Courtesy of Kilauea Military Camp)

Tags:

Category: News, Stand-Alone Photo, Sustainability

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *