Done correctly, DMV paperwork saves Soldiers $$$

| March 28, 2014 | 0 Comments


Directorate of Human Resources
U.S. Army-Garrison-Hawaii

Honolulu Form CS-L (MVR) 50, a nonresidency form, is used to allow Soldiers and qualifying spouses to register their motor vehicles with the state for a greatly reduced registration fee.

The Hawaii Department of Transportation has reported a large increase in the number of these forms submitted to their offices that are incorrectly completed or copies of the original form, neither of which are acceptable.

This error creates a problem for the Soldier/spouse, who must then obtain another properly completed form from their servicing G-1/S-1 or Personnel Actions Center and return to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).

Considering the large cost savings the state provides to active duty Soldiers, it is incumbent on all Army units in Hawaii to ensure these forms are properly prepared prior to taking them to the DMV.

All Army units in Hawaii should reference U.S. Army Garrison-Hawaii Standing Operating Procedure (SOP) IMPC-HAW-HRA-25-1, “Use of City and County of Honolulu Non-Residency Form,” dated Sept. 22, 2011, for the proper procedures in preparing and using this form.

Forms must be fully filled out and signed by the using Soldier and the appropriate officer in charge prior to taking the form to any DMV office.

Forms must be originals. No copies will be accepted at the DMV office.

Tags: , , , ,

Category: News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *