Transitioning active-duty service members can still access health care info

| January 15, 2015 | 0 Comments


News Release

TRICARE sponsors, spouses and their dependent children 18 years and older have access to their personal information, health care enrollments, eligibility and other information through MilConnect, an online resource provided by the Defense Manpower Data Center.

A new initiative gives separating service members and their families more time to access this important information.

Access to MilConnect is available three ways: through common access card (CAC) access, a Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS) account, or a DOD Self-Service Logon (DS Logon).

Separating service members lose their CACs and access to their DFAS MyPay account upon separation. However, their DS Logon does not expire and can still be used to access certain applications, such as DMDC’s MilConnect.

To make this transition easier for family members, DMDC will give prior eligible family members 18 and over six additional months to sign up for a DS Logon for use in accessing MilConnect after their sponsor’s separation. This extension allows more time to view and print available correspondence (such as a disenrollment letter) within MilConnect.

Please note that, in some cases, the sponsor can see available correspondence for family members, regardless of their age in MilConnect after separation.

Learn More

For information about transitioning from the military, visit

For information about creating an account or other secure services that can be completed online, visit

Tags: ,

Category: Community, Health

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *