RSSCommunity

Philanthropy, sorority could become casualties of frat misconduct

Philanthropy, sorority could become casualties of frat misconduct

| November 5, 2018 | 0 Comments

I was about to hit delete when the words “Greek life,” “hazing” and “criminal charges” caught my eye. It was another email blast from from an administrative muckety-muck at our daughter Anna’s university, but this one didn’t look like the usual update about tuition increases.

Continue Reading

94th AAMDC Soldiers participate in local pumpkin carving event

94th AAMDC Soldiers participate in local pumpkin carving event

| November 2, 2018 | 0 Comments

Soldiers from the 94th Army Air and Missile Defense Command took part in a pumpkin carving event on October 25, 2018 at Linapuni Elementary School in Honolulu, Hawaii.

Continue Reading

Exchanges salutes all who serve with Veterans Day savings, Nov. 9-15

Exchanges salutes all who serve with Veterans Day savings, Nov. 9-15

| November 2, 2018 | 0 Comments

The Army & Air Force Exchange Service is saluting Veterans with giveaways, special offers and discounts on hundreds of name-brand items.

Continue Reading

Ending veteran homelessness takes more than spare change

Ending veteran homelessness takes more than spare change

| November 1, 2018 | 0 Comments

In 2010, when President Obama pledged to end veteran homelessness in ten years, I cynically thought it was an empty political promise during a time when it was popular to support military issues. But don’t you know, he nearly did it.

Continue Reading

Remember your commissary for Thanksgiving savings

Remember your commissary for Thanksgiving savings

| November 1, 2018 | 0 Comments

The Thanksgiving meal can be challenging even for the most seasoned commissary shopper. There is just so much to do, so much to remember.

Continue Reading

Together we can prevent suicide

Together we can prevent suicide

| October 22, 2018 | 0 Comments

Do you know somebody who has thought about or died by suicide? According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), suicide is a top cause of death in the U.S. Suicide is a complex problem. It affects people from all backgrounds, age groups, races, education levels, and military ranks.

Continue Reading

‘Kalikimaka Kritters’ picked as theme for 33rd Annual Holiday Wreath Contest

‘Kalikimaka Kritters’ picked as theme for 33rd Annual Holiday Wreath Contest

| October 22, 2018 | 0 Comments

The Mayor’s Office of Culture and the Arts (MOCA) has selected “Kalikimaka Kritters” as the theme for the city’s 33rd Annual Holiday Wreath Contest.

Continue Reading

Seasonal savings are heating up at the Commissary

Seasonal savings are heating up at the Commissary

| October 18, 2018 | 0 Comments

The weather will soon turn cooler in many parts of the country, but savings at your commissary are heating up for the fall season.

Continue Reading

Commissary’s online shopping is simplified

Commissary’s online shopping is simplified

| October 18, 2018 | 0 Comments

The Defense Commissary Agency’s new customer portal, MyCommissary, launches Oct. 1, laying the foundation for more ways to shop and offering patrons access to their commissary’s biweekly sales flyer.

Continue Reading

Some horrors may not even scare kids anymore, says Molinari

Some horrors may not even scare kids anymore, says Molinari

| October 17, 2018 | 0 Comments

Having grown up when kids roamed freely while parents smoked Salems, wore belted vests, ate pimento cheese and adjusted console televisions, my upbringing was undoubtedly different than my children’s.

Continue Reading