RSSCommunity

Blue Star supports military caregivers through technology

Blue Star supports military caregivers through technology

| September 6, 2018 | 0 Comments

When a loved one serves in our military, it is a family affair. Service often means extended periods of time away from family for training, assignments and deployments. That time away takes a toll on both service members and those who love them.

Continue Reading

Parents urged to complete federal Impact Aid survey card

Parents urged to complete federal Impact Aid survey card

he Hawaii State Department of Education (HIDOE) has sent a U.S. Department of Education Federal Survey Card home with Hawaii’s public school students for parents to complete.

Continue Reading

Exchange to offering fee-free layaway for the holidays

Exchange to offering fee-free layaway for the holidays

Budget-minded service members, families and retirees can kick off their holiday shopping early by taking advantage of the Army & Air Force Exchange Service’s fee-free layaway.

Continue Reading

New study aims to help military families grieve

New study aims to help military families grieve

| September 5, 2018 | 0 Comments

It’s so easy to be indifferent. I tend to become absorbed in my own daily minutia. Flossing my teeth, walking the dog, checking emails, paying bills, planning vacations, watching my latest shows — I often forget that there are thousands of families in our military community who are grieving.

Continue Reading

Molinari reflects upon the ‘last time’ when her youngest daughter goes to college

Molinari reflects upon the ‘last time’ when her youngest daughter goes to college

A few days ago, while dropping our youngest child, Lilly, off to start her freshman year of college, I realized that a certain phase of my life as a mother was coming to an end.

Continue Reading

Department announces 2018-19 enrollment figures for public and charter schools

Department announces 2018-19 enrollment figures for public and charter schools

Hawaii’s public and charter schools saw a slight increase in enrollment for a total of 179,698 students for school year 2018-19, compared to 179,255 last year (up 443 from last year).

Continue Reading

Aloha Festivals 2018 presents a monthlong celebration of the aloha spirit

Aloha Festivals 2018 presents a monthlong celebration of the aloha spirit

| September 3, 2018 | 0 Comments

Starting Sept. 1, the largest Hawaiian cultural celebration in the U.S. began with the annual Aloha Festivals. Three signature events and one allied event will highlight this year’s theme, “No Ke Kai Kākou Ē – We are of the Sea,” which celebrates Hawai‘i’s unique ocean heritage.

Continue Reading

Military kids can win $20K in college scholarships

Military kids can win $20K in college scholarships

| September 3, 2018 | 0 Comments

Military students who shine in the classroom and serve their communities can earn cash for college by sharing their stories in an essay contest sponsored by the Army & Air Force Exchange Service and Unilever.

Continue Reading

Family Advocacy provides many parenting classes

Family Advocacy provides many parenting classes

| September 3, 2018 | 1 Comment

Babies, toddlers and adolescents certainly don’t come with an owner’s manual, but wouldn’t it be wonderful if you had tips, tricks and resources to address all the challenges that come along with parenting before they arise?

Continue Reading

Soldiers, Airmen can connect to communities with new hub page

Soldiers, Airmen can connect to communities with new hub page

| August 31, 2018 | 0 Comments

To keep Soldiers, Airmen and military families connected to their communities, the Army & Air Force Exchange Service has debuted aresource page on ShopMyExchange.com with up-to-date information on installation-wide events and programs in their area.

Continue Reading